How much can a RAM 1500 Tow?
Bonham-area truck drivers are rightfully curious about the towing capabilities of the new 2020 RAM 1500. So, how much can a RAM 1500 tow? It depends on which trim level and cab configuration you choose. This light-duty truck has earned best-in-class towing with a max towing capacity of 12,750 pounds. In this article, Bonham Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram informs drivers about the engines and technology features that make this new RAM such a desirable option for hauling campers, trailers, and much more across McKinney roads.
RAM 1500 Towing Capacity: Engine Specs for Regular and Diesel
Depending on the trim, you have three engine options for the 2020 RAM 1500. Note that all the engines come with a Class-Exclusive TorqueFlite® 8-speed automatic transmission, a major plus for Sherman truck drivers. Also, depending on the trim, you can expect a valuable 2,100 to 2,300 pounds of payload.
- At the “base” level, you have the 3.6L V6 24V VVT eTorque Engine Upg I, with 305 hp and a solid 269 lb-ft of torque. Tow 7,730 pounds with this engine.
- Go another rung up the ladder with 5.7L V8 HEMI® MDS VVT Engine. This produces up to 395 hp, 410 lb-ft of torque. You have a towing capacity of up to 11,610 pounds with this one.
- The 5.7L V8 HEMI® MDS VVT eTorque Engine produces the same figures shown above, but the eTorque adds some weight to get you the max towing capacity: 12,750 pounds.
- Diesel drivers: Choose the 3.0L EcoDiesel V6 Engine. It creates 260 hp, 480 lb-ft of torque, and tows a max of 12,560 pounds (highest in class!).
RAM 1500 Towing Capacity: Features for Towing
When towing campers on adventures outside Denison, you won’t be relying on raw power alone. The RAM 1500 is outfitted with towing features and technology for a safe, simple, and controlled towing experience.
- TorqueFlite® Transmission: Good transmission is valuable for towing.
- Fuel Economy: 20 mpg city/25 mpg highway.
- Largest-in-Class Brakes: Whopping 14.9-inch brakes compliment engine power with stopping power.
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Path and Trailer Detection: This system keeps track of your vehicle and the trailer you are towing.
- Multi-Function Tailgate: With an available 60/40 split gate, this tailgate has a wide variety of uses and ways to access your cargo.
Find out more about the 2020 RAM 1500 at Bonham Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
Bonham Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram has the 2020 RAM 1500 ready for a test drive. Truck drivers and enthusiasts from Bonham to McKinney should come to see this powerful vehicle for themselves. Online, you can research your preferred model, value your trade, or even securely apply for financing. Please contact us or come by to see how the RAM 1500 fits your needs. For more information on the towing capabilities of our RAM trucks, take a look at the towing capacity of the RAM 2500.
More from Bonham Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
Are you looking for a truck with heavy duty towing power to take on the roads of McKinney? The 2021 RAM 1500 offers incredible towing and payload capacity across six different trims to choose from. With Bonham Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram, explore what each of the 2021 RAM 1500 trim levels offer with their unique features and design options….
The 2021 RAM 3500 is a heavy-duty truck that has no problem taking on the challenging jobs that are put before it, but how much can a RAM 3500 tow? Locals near McKinney will be assured to know that it can tow up to a maximum of 22,670 pounds — more than enough for weekend…
The 2021 Jeep Cherokee is ready to take on any challenge the McKinney streets throw at it! While you may already know that the new Jeep Cherokee is ready for adventure, you might be wondering about the Cherokee towing specifically. We’re happy to let you know that the Cherokee delivers the performance you’d expect from…