How much can a RAM 1500 Tow?
Bonham-area truck drivers are rightfully curious about the towing capabilities of the new 2020 RAM 1500. So, how much can a RAM 1500 tow? It depends on which trim level and cab configuration you choose. This light-duty truck has earned best-in-class towing with a max towing capacity of 12,750 pounds. In this article, Bonham Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram informs drivers about the engines and technology features that make this new RAM such a desirable option for hauling campers, trailers, and much more across McKinney roads.
RAM 1500 Towing Capacity: Engine Specs for Regular and Diesel
Depending on the trim, you have three engine options for the 2020 RAM 1500. Note that all the engines come with a Class-Exclusive TorqueFlite® 8-speed automatic transmission, a major plus for Sherman truck drivers. Also, depending on the trim, you can expect a valuable 2,100 to 2,300 pounds of payload.
- At the “base” level, you have the 3.6L V6 24V VVT eTorque Engine Upg I, with 305 hp and a solid 269 lb-ft of torque. Tow 7,730 pounds with this engine.
- Go another rung up the ladder with 5.7L V8 HEMI® MDS VVT Engine. This produces up to 395 hp, 410 lb-ft of torque. You have a towing capacity of up to 11,610 pounds with this one.
- The 5.7L V8 HEMI® MDS VVT eTorque Engine produces the same figures shown above, but the eTorque adds some weight to get you the max towing capacity: 12,750 pounds.
- Diesel drivers: Choose the 3.0L EcoDiesel V6 Engine. It creates 260 hp, 480 lb-ft of torque, and tows a max of 12,560 pounds (highest in class!).
RAM 1500 Towing Capacity: Features for Towing
When towing campers on adventures outside Denison, you won’t be relying on raw power alone. The RAM 1500 is outfitted with towing features and technology for a safe, simple, and controlled towing experience.
- TorqueFlite® Transmission: Good transmission is valuable for towing.
- Fuel Economy: 20 mpg city/25 mpg highway.
- Largest-in-Class Brakes: Whopping 14.9-inch brakes compliment engine power with stopping power.
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Path and Trailer Detection: This system keeps track of your vehicle and the trailer you are towing.
- Multi-Function Tailgate: With an available 60/40 split gate, this tailgate has a wide variety of uses and ways to access your cargo.
Find out more about the 2020 RAM 1500 at Bonham Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
Bonham Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram has the 2020 RAM 1500 ready for a test drive. Truck drivers and enthusiasts from Bonham to McKinney should come to see this powerful vehicle for themselves. Online, you can research your preferred model, value your trade, or even securely apply for financing. Please contact us or come by to see how the RAM 1500 fits your needs. For more information on the towing capabilities of our RAM trucks, take a look at the towing capacity of the RAM 2500.
More from Bonham Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
Sherman and Denison drivers might be stuck between Wrangler trim levels but Bonham Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram near McKinney is here to help! At Bonham Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram, we can help you compare the Wrangler Sport vs. Wrangler Sahara or Wrangler Sahara vs. Wrangler Rubicon. Browse our new and used Jeep inventory then learn about Wrangler trim levels and specs below. View…
If you’re a McKinney driver who needs a pickup that can handle heavy loads, the 2020 RAM 2500 is the truck for you! With 19,680 pounds of maximum towing capacity and an array of safety features that will take the stress out of towing, you’ll appreciate the power and performance of the RAM 2500. Learn…
Bonham-area truck drivers are rightfully curious about the towing capabilities of the new 2020 RAM 1500. So, how much can a RAM 1500 tow? It depends on which trim level and cab configuration you choose. This light-duty truck has earned best-in-class towing with a max towing capacity of 12,750 pounds. In this article, Bonham Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram informs…